Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3 RC3

(03-17-2015, 10:09 PM)mypalwal Wrote: so glad to hear that! we were waiting for this release.

Please also add curd example with documentation like other frameworks.
Please also provide an option to download documentation as PDF file

1) "curd" example? do you mean CRUD? If so, what is missing from the tutorial and the database sections in the user guide?

2) We do not have provision in our release build to generate a PDF sorry - just the static HTML. The user guide can be downloaded for offline viewing, however Smile

I've just upgraded from RC2 to RC3 and did it using meld (a diff comparison tool). It can check against entire directories and then let you compare the files side by side so you can see what has changed, push the changes you need and, where things changed because you need them to be (i.e. application/config/routes.php) leave the changes alone.

It was a fairly painless process, which is always nice.

I'm looking forward to the formal release, and developing with CI going forward (and hopefully contributing)
Developing mostly on Ubuntu 14.04 in a VM. Probably insane, but it works.

I finished upgrading BootPress to RC3, and I love it.  Thank you for all of your excellent work.  The only error I encountered was in the Session library docs where &get_userdata() is misspelled &get_usedata(), and the only recommendation I have would be to add:

'less' => array('text/css', 'text/plain'),

to the application/config/mimes.php file.
Star 

It is better to keep a mailing to list to get notified about the new releases and security fixes.

I can't see anywhere in this codeigniter website to subscribe for updates.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2015, 09:04 AM by chrismartinez99.)

Very glad to hear!

now here's a question - what is the migration path from RC1 to RC2? Would I  follow the same instructions for upgrading from CodeIgniter 2 to CodeIgniter 3? (Yeah, I read through the other forum posts - got it working)

Thanks again!

Hi

What's the status of the test module ?
Can we now be able to run tests on models ?

Thanks

Successfully upgraded entire website to CI 3.0
Long time faced issue with CI 2.x - sessions random logout is fixed.
Now, multi-step registration dropouts are nearly zero.
Also, many development issues with CI 2.x is fixed.
Thanks to CodeIgniter Team... !  Heart

(03-19-2015, 04:47 AM)karthik_code Wrote: It is better to keep a mailing to list to get notified about the new releases and security fixes.

New releases are announced on twitter (@codeigniter).

Subscribing for updates ...
- if you are referring to the forum, MyBB appears to have support for rss, although we don't have that enabled
- if you are referring to the main website, there are no plans for an RSS feed for that
- if you are referring to the framework, forking the repository is probably the best way to keep uptodate

Does this help?

(03-19-2015, 12:34 PM)pneftali Wrote: Hi

What's the status of the test module ?
Can we now be able to run tests on models ?

Thanks

The "test module"?

The test *folder* in the develop branch of the framework repository is specifically there for unit testing of the framework components, not for testing end-user apps. There have been a few attempts to build more support for app testing into the framework, but they have not been merged into it. There are a couple of addins mentioned in this forum that might be helpful.

(03-22-2015, 08:53 AM)ciadmin Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 04:47 AM)karthik_code Wrote: It is better to keep a mailing to list to get notified about the new releases and security fixes.

New releases are announced on twitter (@codeigniter).

Subscribing for updates ...
- if you are referring to the forum, MyBB appears to have support for rss, although we don't have that enabled
- if you are referring to the main website, there are no plans for an RSS feed for that
- if you are referring to the framework, forking the repository is probably the best way to keep uptodate

Does this help?

Of course, I am following on Twitter and forked the repository in github.
I am referring the Framework.
I am a member of Drupal community, Drupal secruity team maintains a mailing list to inform about the new releases and security fixes. That is very useful for the site owners to update as soon as possible.
Since, CodeIgniter is just a framework it may not be applicable.
But I expected a similar thing here.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB