Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3 RC3

(03-22-2015, 08:50 PM)karthik_code Wrote: Of course, I am following on Twitter and forked the repository in github.
I am referring the Framework.
I am a member of Drupal community, Drupal secruity team maintains a mailing list to inform about the new releases and security fixes. That is very useful for the site owners to update as soon as possible.
Since, CodeIgniter is just a framework it may not be applicable.
But I expected a similar thing here.

It sounds like you are on the right track for our current practices - all new releases and security fixes will be tweeted and announced with more detail on this forum. There has not been enough demand to warrant setting up a mailing list, sorry.

Wow! waiting for version 3...

Not sure this is the right place but just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and commitment to CI. Just trying out RC3 for the first time and the improvements are spectacular. Also delighted to see that you seem to have adopted the CI philosophy perfectly and although I was a bit worried about what might happen with the change in ownership, I have been pleasantly surprised by the depth, quality and brilliance of all the changes.

So thank you, thank you, thank you. I continue to love CI.

Paul.

Wow. Its really nice. Eagerly waiting for final version Smile
Thanks and Regards,
Dhayal Ram

Can 'CI3.0' run with php5.2?

(03-24-2015, 09:13 AM)qzzm Wrote: Can 'CI3.0' run with php5.2?

The second entry in the Changelog:

- PHP 5.1.6 is no longer supported. CodeIgniter now requires PHP 5.2.4 and recommends PHP 5.4+ or newer to be used.

cool.. cant wait for final release.

is there a flatfile db integration? like storing data in .xml files and using the syntax of regular mysql operations?
i have an awesome script. its like you work with databases but its just stored in a xml file. love this for smaller projects
with faster smaller data handling.

in case you would like to have it and maybe integrate it, just let me know via pm.

Hi guys!

I have an existing website running on CI2.2.0, I would like to upgrade it on the latest version of CI.

Should I upgrade first to CI2.2.1 then to CI3RC3?

Please help me out. Thank you!

(03-25-2015, 02:50 AM)kianz91e Wrote: Hi guys!

I have an existing website running on CI2.2.0, I would like to upgrade it on the latest version of CI.

You'd need to follow each step starting with your current version until you reach v3 in the upgrade docs.
http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/in...ading.html

So
2.2.0 -> 2.2.1
2.2.1 -> 3
Smile 

(03-27-2015, 08:43 AM)CroNiX Wrote:
(03-25-2015, 02:50 AM)kianz91e Wrote: Hi guys!

You'd need to follow each step starting with your current version until you reach v3 in the upgrade docs.
http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/in...ading.html

So
2.2.0 -> 2.2.1
2.2.1 -> 3

Thank you so much! I was actually thinking of this, but I thought there was a direct way to update the version somehow. Anyway, thank you again!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB