Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URI Issue

[eluser]robert.fulcher[/eluser]
So when I did this in Java we seperated each function to a separate controller because the validation became a nightmare (Coding wise it was very confusing to implement all in one controller).

Will I run into this here?

[eluser]robert.fulcher[/eluser]
So if I put all the functions in one controller how will I handle each part of this scenarion:

1. Request page and I need to pull data to fill out form information such as pull downs. This funtion was called a form backing object.
2. Data is submitted and needs to be validated and potentially redisplayed to screen. We used an onSubmit function in the controller and a seperate validator.
3. Data is submitted successfully. Finally it would hit the onSubmit of the function.

In Java the controller had a method that would be hit when the page was requested, then a method for submission. that was a one controller per function (add, edit, delete). Would I use the vendor_add and use if statements to separate out the different parts of the request.

What is the suggested best practice from CI standpoint. I could see controllers getting very large.

thanks for all your help.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB