Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
More information about using models with relational Data

[eluser]jinfusion[/eluser]
Noobie here,

Like the subject says, I wish there was more. The user guide leaves alot to be desired, clear as it is. And... Are there helpers in CI for data display and manipulation?

Joel

[eluser]everdaniel[/eluser]
[quote author="jinfusion" date="1232084576"]Noobie here,

Like the subject says, I wish there was more. The user guide leaves alot to be desired, clear as it is. And... Are there helpers in CI for data display and manipulation?

Joel[/quote]

Well, you have the form helper functions to display data in a form, and you have the form validation library to validate this info and do whatever you need to do with this data (save in a DB, call an API, etc)

Maybe you can be more specific...

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
welcome noob...jinfusion.

sounds like you might want to check out some of the ORM contributions: IgnitedRecord and DataMapper are two that spring to mind.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Relational data to me means using JOINs. This is ActiveRecord/Database class related, so check that section for how to perform joins. You might also want to do a general search on SQL joins and how to iterate/process the results of join queries.

Or, look at the ORM contributions like sophistry pointed out.

[eluser]nikefido[/eluser]
I don't think you'll find many helpers for data display and manipulation like you do within .NET framework, but I know CI has an output helper that will convert your datatable results into a table which you can style as you need. Adding functionality to it is something that is left out (as per [i believe] the framework's mantra of keepign out of the developers way Tongue )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB