Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Which Authentication/Authorization lib?

[eluser]coding_hero[/eluser]
Hi, I just wanted some input. I'm new to CI (though I have done PHP for years), and am starting my first CI project.

I've been looking at the Authentication and Authorization libraries in the Wiki, but wasn't sure which to use. I was wondering if someone with more experience with CI might be able to lend me their wisdom.

I am building a pretty simple system, with an Admin user group and an "everyone else" user group. The admins enter all the data, and the "everyone else" only has access to what the admin deems appropriate. All of the "everyone else" users have pretty much the same type of data, just specialized for their company.

I was thinking of sending admin users and regular users to two different views (is this how it's usually done?), but I'm still learning my requirements (just got the Use Cases yesterday).

Anyway, I hope that's enough information for someone to give me an opinion on what authentication and authorization libraries to use.

[eluser]therealmaloy[/eluser]
@gthorne

there's a bunch of discussion for this, just look for DX Auth or Redux and some other good libraries out there... Smile

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Try mine Tongue
Look at my signatur for the link!

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
should add a poll and list all the available libraries. that would be a interesting thread.

[eluser]jwright[/eluser]
[quote author="llbbl" date="1234840419"]should add a poll and list all the available libraries. that would be a interesting thread.[/quote]

That's a great idea! I'd like to see that too

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
ya sure do it

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB