Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Log file ERRORs but no URI, Controller, Model or View details

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 07:36 PM by John_Betong.)

Is it possible to log the URI, etc to the log file because it is not easy to track the source of some errors.

Please note I know how to fix the errors but cannot find where the script that generates the errors is located.

Typical extract from log file:

PHP Code:
ERROR 09:33:46 --> Query error

Undeclared variableAs_I_Mature Invalid query

SELECT idtitlexrlmemo 
  FROM wisdom ORDER BY title  
  LIMIT As_I_Mature
11.html 

ERROR 
12:03:59 --> SeverityWarning --> ini_set(): 

A session is active

You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time 
  /home/is/where/the/heart/is/ci3/CodeIgniter-3-0rc3/system/libraries/Session/Session.php 317 

Hi John,
When I review my log files, I see that when errors come from the CI system itself, there is a previous log line with the same time stamp that points out where the error comes from in my own files. Like this.
Code:
ERROR - 2015-02-18 12:32:05 --> Severity: Warning  --> Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Users\admin\Apache\htdocs\ci\index.php:178) C:\Users\admin\Apache\htdocs\ci\system\libraries\Session.php 688
ERROR - 2015-02-18 12:32:05 --> Severity: Warning  --> Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Users\admin\Apache\htdocs\ci\index.php:178) C:\Users\admin\Apache\htdocs\ci\application\controllers\home.php 10

In any case, do you have PHP's error reporting turned on to E_ALL? That's what I use instead of CI's error logs.
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

Increase log_treshold in your config. But yeah, this is good idea anyway.
@RobertSF: That applies when PHP error is triggered, OP is having problem with SQL Query which is not PHP error.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 10:25 PM by John_Betong.)

I managed to fix this errors thanks to gadelet and RobertSF:

First error:
PHP Code:
ERROR 09:33:46 --> Query error

Undeclared variableAs_I_Mature Invalid query

SELECT idtitlexrlmemo 
 FROM wisdom ORDER BY title  
 LIMIT As_I_Mature
11.html 

The Database error was in ./config/routes.php. Before upgrading to CI RC3, /(:any) was used extensively. Unfortunately I changed /(:any) to the incorrect /(:+) instead of /(.+) which resulted in incorrect URI parameters being passed to the Controller and Model.

Second error:
PHP Code:
ERROR 12:03:59 --> SeverityWarning --> ini_set(): 

A session is active

You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time 
 /my/system/folder/ci3/CodeIgniter-3-0rc3/system/libraries/Session/Session.php 317 

I amended and added the following lines to:
   /my/system/folder/ci3/CodeIgniter-3-0rc3/system/libraries/Session/Session.php 317
// Line: 143 - ORIGINAL SCRIPT
// session_start();

// John_Betong added to try and see where the session_start() was already started
if( ! isset($_SESSION) ):
   session_start();
   log_message('error', 'Session ALREADY STARTED: ' .$this->uri->uri_string());
else:
   session_start();
endif;

This error has not occurred since so it looks as though the error could have been cleared with fixing the first error.

I'm glad to hear you fixed the problem! Smile
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

You should really extend the Session class rather than alter it in /system. Now whenever you upgrade, which should be often since it's an RC and not a final version, you have to check to see if your change got overwritten (most likely) and add it back in.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB