Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can someone drive a commercial application out of CodeIgniter?

[eluser]sapid_guy[/eluser]
The title says it all.

Thanks in Advance.

[eluser]Relexx[/eluser]
I am writing one now.

[eluser]Lima[/eluser]
All my web based project using CI. It's cool.

So as long as i make the buyer acknowledge that this product (Application) build on top of CodeIgniter

Its OK.?

[eluser]Relexx[/eluser]
Would not think you would need to. CI is opensource (I can not find the licence agreement though)

Would you tell them that you are running Apache, or IIS as the webserver, or running Linux, Windows or Solaris on the host?

[quote author="Relexx" date="1234957210"]Would not think you would need to. CI is opensource (I can not find the licence agreement though)

Would you tell them that you are running Apache, or IIS as the webserver, or running Linux, Windows or Solaris on the host?[/quote]

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/license.html

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
AFAIK the buyer doesn't need to know which tools you use to build applications. As long as you keep all the licence information in the files and include all license files of the tools you use no one can hurt you legally.

If you think it can be a selling point then you can mention the tools you use but it only works for tech-savvy clients.

[quote author="xwero" date="1234965088"]AFAIK the buyer doesn't need to know which tools you use to build applications. As long as you keep all the licence information in the files and include all license files of the tools you use no one can hurt you legally.
[/quote]

This is a news to me, a good one. Thanks

[eluser]Relexx[/eluser]
Well I would add acknowledgement in your "about", as well as ensuring the licence sits somewhere in your distributions. I think that should cover it. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB