Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Basic server setup for CI

[eluser]pistolPete[/eluser]
[quote author="Computerzworld" date="1235759932"]so.. CI doesn't works without .htaccess?[/quote]
No, .htaccess is not mandatory, but using it allows you to remove "index.php" from your url.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
The other thing to try watching is the apache log, as it'll show you the URL's that you are trying to hit (and any that fail).

Find where your apache logs are located - on Debian they're in /var/log/apache2

Open up a CLI and run these two commands (adjust the apache2 log file locations to suit)

Code:
#   tail  -f  /var/log/apache2/access.log  &
#   tail  -f  /var/log/apache2/error.log   &

And then try hitting your web page again. You'll see the logs updated immediately in the CLI window.

[eluser]Aniket[/eluser]
@Computerzworld
what is the url you are trying to access ? please post it.

[eluser]Computerzworld[/eluser]
yes i know it & i have setup it on other server with .htaccess but on this server i can't use .htaccess because rewrite mode is off..

the url i am trying to access is,

www.owaisqadri.com/qadri456/site/

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
Does www.owaisqadri.com/qadri456/site/index.php/controllername work?

yes it is working.... because i have uploaded phpinfo.php over there and it is working... you can check it on,
www.owaisqadri.com/qadri456/site/phpinfo.php

please tell me if anything that is not there on the server by looking in phpinfo so that i can make it change...

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
I ment smth completly different. I was pretty sure phpinfo.php would work Smile
What is your application default controller name? Is it set correctly in routes.php?
I wanted you to try direct request to it: www.owaisqadri.com/qadri456/site/index.php/your_default_controller_name - not phpinfo

yes it is there... and its welcome.php that is coming in every basic CI setup... and it is already setup in routes.php..
so.. my url to access welcome.php is,
www.owaisqadri.com/qadri456/site/index.php/welcome
but it doesn't works at all...
also i have made one another controller and put over there but it also didn't work....

[eluser]Krzemo[/eluser]
then it must be either files permissions or files name (if server is linux then all becomes case senstitive)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB