Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Login to site

Hello, my name Scott.

I am working on a CI site which was created in CI (but not by me) and have moved it to my local server. The site has a admin access to the the site to make front end adjustments similar to how Joomla and other CMS packages work (Not cpanel)

I have the site setup on a local server and the site runs perfectly fine. database connected, but I did have an issue with database connection the only way I could get the site to run was to the database.php I had to add root@localhost instead and PWD that owrk and the site runs fine when I try to login into the admin section the result is "Database not Connect"

localhost/testsite/admin

is there a parameter I am missing to access the admin section?

More than likely you just need to compare the configuration on your local environment with the configuration on the original site, then make some adjustments to the database configuration for your local database.

It is possible to configure multiple database connections and have different models connect to different databases (or to use different database configurations for other code that requires a database connection). In these cases, the database configuration on the original server environment should contain configurations for multiple databases (or possibly for multiple accounts on the same database). You would just have to setup any additional configurations in your local environment.

the site was backup but when I went to restore on the host site still same issue

I did find a php fil ein admin/includes call admin.php when I look at in editor the info appears to be what I would see if I were logged into the site admin .

from what I can tell there is not reference to a specific database of user which make me think it's the php file the the admin page it's self

I have managed to get to the site admin login page

the default login is admin/admin

the error generated
----------------------
Not Found
The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
----------------------

how close am I getting into the admin section for the site?

Please keep in mind I am 100% newbie with CI

Have you included a .htaccess otherwise the redirect without index.php dont't work. alternative you have to call your site with /index.php/admin/admin

(03-28-2015, 04:43 AM)Rufnex Wrote: Have you included a .htaccess otherwise the redirect without index.php dont't work. alternative you have to call your site with /index.php/admin/admin

Teh site is is working on my local server using xampp. there is only one database

when I go to the site I can view the site
http://localhost/united/

and when I go to the site admin panel I can see the login page
http://localhost/united/admin/

but when I go to login admin/admin
I receive this error
-----------------------
Not Found
The requested URL /admin/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
-------------------

here is the .htaccess in the root directory for the site.
-------------------------------
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* index.php/$1 [PT,L]
---------------------------------

here is .htaccess found in the applications folder
-------------------
Deny from all
--------------------

what do I need to change?

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2015, 08:33 AM by britepencil.)

this is interesting the url error points to the hosting server not the localhost

which file is responsible for this?

Try this htaccess setting:

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

Okay I'll give that a try

Thank you for the suggestion however it made no difference..I'd like to which file to look at because the error is directed to the hosting site company-name.com and not on my local server.

it's a wee bit frustrating

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB