Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page

[eluser]diego.greyrobot[/eluser]
The weirdest thing happened when I uploaded my new website (www.donavonsreef.com)
Now only the index action of the default controller is the only one that is responding
the default controller is called home, and the only link the will show up on my new site is donavonsreef.com/home, if i try to go to donavonsreef.com/home/about, or donavonsreef.com/shop, the url will look correct but the home page will still load up. One way i got past this problem temporarily was by adding a www redirect in the .htaccess file so that any url requests that werent preceded by www. were changed to www. also the base url had to be set to be one without the www in it, then and only then would my links work and actually take me to the shop page for instance.

I've deleted all the files from my server and reuploaded them from my development server (which works perfectly) and still the links all just load up the home page. I have no idea where this problem came from or were it could be stemming from.

if i try to go to the url donavonsreef.com/shop (with or without the www) it will only load up the index action from the home controller rather than from the shop controller as its supposed to, but if i add donavonsreef.com/index.php/shop that will work.

Any other ideas of where i could troubleshoot this?

Messages In This Thread
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 11:43 AM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 03-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Mod rewrite problem? Urls all go back to home page - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 09:47 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB