Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Which code editing environment (IDE) to use while developing codeigniter

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
[quote author="alejandronanez" date="1264140073"]I have WINDOWS Sad I wish I had MAC and TextMate[/quote]

I have had a mac now for about 6 months. I love having a unix shell and an endless supply of opensource software (darwin ports, etc.)

As for development, MAMP is great. I have been able to build some extensions with pecl, etc. However, playing with WAMP Server recently on my Windows box has shown me that I can pretty much do the same stuff on Windows. For example, with WAMP Server you can load php extension via context menu. Nice!

I use the excellent Netbeans as an IDE which runs on top of Java and thus us almost identical in Mac or Windows. One of my favorite Windows editors of all time is Notepad++. It's free and lightweight (a la Textmate.)

Old link but this guy says what I'm saying with URLs Smile

Cheers!

[eluser]frist44[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1236981553"]Personally, I like phpDesigner[/quote]

Agreed.

[eluser]minhbu[/eluser]
i am using phpDesginer and i like it

Personally, I like free. Smile

[eluser]ascotan[/eluser]
You dont really need an IDE for PHP programming since you're not really compiling and debugging your code. A fully featured text editor with color coding is what you need.

If your on a Mac you want Coda or TextMate (my preference).
Windows can use SciTE/Scintilla or w/e.

For the love of g*d, just stay away from dreamweaver. Kittens are killed every time a page is made in dreamweaver.

[eluser]John Pantoja[/eluser]
I'm using NuSphere's PhpEd 5.6 and I noticed that it picked up CI for code completion except the super object (doing $this->anything not in current file results in screwing for virginity) but I'm sure there is a way to do it.

I think Notepad++ might be good but I'm not sure how to set it up for CC.

[quote author="ascotan" date="1264151053"]
For the love of g*d, just stay away from dreamweaver. Kittens are killed every time a page is made in dreamweaver.[/quote]

I second and third that!

[quote author="ascotan" date="1264151053"]For the love of g*d, just stay away from dreamweaver. Kittens are killed every time a page is made in dreamweaver.[/quote]

So when did Dreamweaver become the new Frontpage??????

:-)

[eluser]John Pantoja[/eluser]
When Frontpage became Office [strike]SharePoint[/strike] Web Designer 2007 and Microsoft Expression Web Designer, I think they kill seals now as kittens just weren't doing the job.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB