Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
dx auth, installation problems

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
hi all, im having some problems getting dx auth to work, in a clean CI installation where i havent added any of my own code/views/controllers yet. the CI welcome page loads fine.

i downloaded the archive and placed dx auth's "captcha" folder in my "system" folder. next i put all the files from dx auth in to their respective CI folders. so, i put dxauth/application/config/dx_auth.php in to ci/system/application/config/ etc

im not sure if this is the right way to do it. the manual says "Copy application folder into your CI application folder", but im guessing this does not mean i have to copy the entire dx_auth/application/ folder in to ci/application?

either way, when i try to access on my localhost: mysite.dev/auth/login/ i get a 404.

what am i doing wrong? yep still taking my first CI steps ...

thx
stef

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Does your controllers directory contain a directory named "auth"?

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
hey thanks for your reply.

the views directory does but the controller directory does not. it has a file called auth.php. should i create one? im following the instructions here http://dexcell.shinsengumiteam.com/dx_au...index.html but this doesnt mention such a directory needs to be created

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
woops, forgot to add index.php to my urls! seems to work ok now ...

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
You're right. It's auth.php not a directory named auth. Glad you got it working. Just to clarify, did you mean that index.php added to your htaccess file?

[eluser]stef25[/eluser]
i was accessing my app via mysite.dev/auth/login and it should have been mysite.dev/index.php/auth/login. this was a clean CI install and i forgot all pages need the index.php unless removed by htaccess.

captcha images dont seem to appear, debugging that now ...

[eluser]Tim Stackhouse[/eluser]
[quote author="stef25" date="1238362137"]i was accessing my app via mysite.dev/auth/login and it should have been mysite.dev/index.php/auth/login. this was a clean CI install and i forgot all pages need the index.php unless removed by htaccess.

captcha images dont seem to appear, debugging that now ...[/quote]

I'm having the same issues here. Trying to get going with a fresh install of CI and DX auth and I'm not getting any captcha images.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Tim Stackhouse" date="1239053259"][quote author="stef25" date="1238362137"]i was accessing my app via mysite.dev/auth/login and it should have been mysite.dev/index.php/auth/login. this was a clean CI install and i forgot all pages need the index.php unless removed by htaccess.

captcha images dont seem to appear, debugging that now ...[/quote]

I'm having the same issues here. Trying to get going with a fresh install of CI and DX auth and I'm not getting any captcha images.[/quote]

I had this issue too. Took me a bit to debug but my problem was that DX_captcha_path in dx_auth.php needed to be './myappinstall/captcha/' instead of just './captcha/'. This may or may not be your issue, but I found it by seeing where in dx_captcha_pi.php it was kicking out. Hope that helps someone some day...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB