Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice

[eluser]Pete Smith[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies. Half my problem is that I'm running before I've really learned how to walk very well. Using XML-RPC, does the response from the remote service have to be formatted in a specific 'XML-RPC compliant' way, or will it accept any well-formed XML in response? Because I'm pretty sure the XML being returned isn't specifically set up for XML-RPC. Guess I'd better read up on it.

I've actually got a "SystemCheck" working now just using cURL to do a POST of name/value pairs, so I can probably stick with that, but if I can get XML working it's supposed to open up (currently unspecified) new options from the service.

Also, if I could use XML-RPC I could use the CI class of the same name. Doing it with cURL I'm just coding PHP and working outside the CI framework.

Again, I appreciate the replies!

Messages In This Thread
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice - by El Forum - 06-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice - by El Forum - 06-23-2007, 04:49 AM
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice - by El Forum - 06-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice - by El Forum - 06-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Interfacing to a Windows web service advice - by El Forum - 06-24-2007, 10:06 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB