Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DX_Auth local versus production server

[eluser]wwwald[/eluser]
Hello,

I developed a reservation system for some local community site, all testing done on my local computer (WinXP, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2, Mysql 5.1). It relies on DX_Auth for user/admin authentication.

Now, the system works on my local computer, so I transferred it to the "production" server (Apache 1.3, PHP 5.2, MySQL 5.0). And now the authentiation system broke, since it mentions "Username not found" for the regular admin accounts that I used on my local system.

Regarding these accounts: I transferred the accounts to the production server by literally copying over the users table. The password salt is unchanged. The account names are definitely there, I can see them in the users table... but still they're not recognized in the login system. This check is done with is_logged_in(), so something must go wrong there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix this?
I'm afraid I probably did not do the transfer "the way it should". Can anyone suggest the right approach to transfer a DX_Auth system between server environments?

Thanks a lot,
wwwald

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I trust you've remembered to transfer the database too? I don't know how DX_Auth works, but usually when an app works on the development server but not on the production server, it's because the URI protocol has not been set correctly. You may want to try each of the URI protocols in the config.php and see if that helps.

[eluser]wwwald[/eluser]
Some further digging showed me it was a more general database problem, lots of DX_Auth stuff turned out the wrong way. The culprit was the
Code:
dbprefix
setting in my database configuration: standard DX_Auth tables don't have a prefix while I had one configured. Clearing that solved the DX_Auth issues.

Thanks for the suggestion, in any case!
wwwald

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB