Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
does codeigniter loads very slow first time?

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
Whenever i visit codeigniter it loads very slow at first then loads ok most of the time. Is it just my internet, or codeigniter loading slow.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
How slow is very slowly? 2-3 seconds, more? It seems instant for me

[eluser]Bogdan Tanase[/eluser]
Sometimes it happens to me too. But it's not very slow, it doesn't load at all. A simple refresh solves the issue. Don't know the cause though.

LE: To avoid any possible misunderstanding, I was referring to the Codeigniter website; The applications based on CI on my servers run fine.

[eluser]bigtony[/eluser]
This happens to me too. Today took about 20 seconds and didn't load the stylesheet. After that, no problems.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
Yeah i get that too. I often get quite a few errors come up. Like bad requests.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
Ahh... so I was not only my browser!
Usually codeigniter.com loads about 60% (as shown in the loadingbar) and stays there.
After a refresh it loads with no problem...

But then, when I browse the site, it loads correctly...

Strange...

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Never seen that before... Sounds like you guys have some serious issues to work out..

[eluser]dbashyal[/eluser]
Also on IE8 three cross signs appear vertically. see attached.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
The red X's are from Internet Explorer saying there is an error with the sifr.js file that the site is trying to load. Everything loads fine, looks fine, etc in Firefox. Maybe you should change browsers Smile

[eluser]bigtony[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1241637824"]The red X's are from Internet Explorer saying there is an error with the sifr.js file that the site is trying to load. Everything loads fine, looks fine, etc in Firefox. Maybe you should change browsers Smile[/quote]
I use Firefox, and while I don't get the red Xs it nearly always loads slowly on first use. Seems to be a common theme...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB