Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
does codeigniter loads very slow first time?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I've never had a problem... is everyone else here still using dial up Tongue

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1241639999"]I've never had a problem... is everyone else here still using dial up Tongue[/quote]

I'm with you. I never have a problem. The only thing I can think of is that it's taking them a second to load the css (because there are several) and it takes a second to load the external js files.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
I'm on fiber (100/100) and I still have the same problem...

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Do people noticing this, find it often happens at the same time of day (peak traffic) or is it totally random (well, the first time in that 'session')

Does it happen in all sorts of differant browser/platform combinations?

[eluser]moodh[/eluser]
[quote author="n0xie" date="1241640620"]I'm on fiber (100/100) and I still have the same problem...[/quote]

Same boat here.

When I open a new browser (not new tab) and open CI mainpage it doesn't load until a refresh, but future openings in the same "window" usually goes instant.

I just closed all windows, opened CodeIgniter in a new window, from multiple browsers, and still dont have that issue.

[eluser]ggoforth[/eluser]
I've experienced that as well. Slow or no load for codeigniter.com the first time. It's few and far between but I have experienced it.

Also, I'm not sure switching browsers is the answer to solve javascript errors. IE has the biggest market share so a site as popular as codeigniter should probably still make sure their site works in IE. If it's an issue with IE not rendering / running the js properly, then that's another story.

Greg

[quote author="ggoforth" date="1241658567"]I've experienced that as well. Slow or no load for codeigniter.com the first time. It's few and far between but I have experienced it.

Also, I'm not sure switching browsers is the answer to solve javascript errors. IE has the biggest market share so a site as popular as codeigniter should probably still make sure their site works in IE. If it's an issue with IE not rendering / running the js properly, then that's another story.

Greg[/quote]

I just don't get the JS errors in Firefox and such like I do in IE. In FF I see the title, and in IE I see 3 red X's. IE may have the biggest market share, but it still sucks. Microsoft should focus on their OS and let the browser market be handled by someone else.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1241658979"]Microsoft should focus on their OS [/quote]
God no, look what they did to vista. They'd better focus on their office suite and just drop the whole desktop OS business.

Back on topic I've had the problem on different browsers, on different OS'es, on different locations except at home where my EEE seems to work wonders with the site. It's not really an issue since as most have already mentioned, once you reload the site it works fine. It's just weird.

[quote author="n0xie" date="1241672411"][quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1241658979"]Microsoft should focus on their OS [/quote]
God no, look what they did to vista. They'd better focus on their office suite and just drop the whole desktop OS business.

Back on topic I've had the problem on different browsers, on different OS'es, on different locations except at home where my EEE seems to work wonders with the site. It's not really an issue since as most have already mentioned, once you reload the site it works fine. It's just weird.[/quote]

Exactly, Vista sucked. What I was implying is, the OS is their big project, that's their baby. They need to focus on it, fix all the crap they screwed up there, and quit worrying about IE, because it sucks regardless.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB