Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Universal functions

[eluser]Helmasaur[/eluser]
Hi !

I would like to use a system for users to choose there own design. I'd like also to load languages files for the pages' skull.
I use to do this in an initialization file included in the FrontController.

I think I should use a plug-in or library file autoloaded. Is it this ?

Up…

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
<rant>I hate people that bump up their topics just a day after they initially posted</rant>

As for loading a differant view based on a user preference, if you store the name of the template in the database along with other user details, and have each differant design in a folder in the views, you could do something like
Code:
$this->load->view('templates/'.$user->template.'/master', $data);

[quote author="Dam1an" date="1241981823"]<rant>I hate people that bump up their topics just a day after they initially posted</rant>[/quote]
I just saw that newer post with a bigger problem had more replies than an easy question Wink.

[quote author="Dam1an" date="1241981823"]As for loading a differant view based on a user preference, if you store the name of the template in the database along with other user details, and have each differant design in a folder in the views, you could do something like
Code:
$this->load->view('templates/'.$user->template.'/master', $data);
[/quote]
OK, by cookie, it should be possible. Thanks.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I wasn't refering to storing that info in a cookie, but the database
If you store it in a cookie:
1. They need to set the theme on ech computer
2. You have to reset it when the cookie expires

Yes, I know you're talking of DB. This system, I'll use for people whor are subscribed on the site. The cookies are for visitors.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB