Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My first twitter app

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
Hi all i thought i'd show you very first twitter app using CodeIgniter as its base.

weather.twelve20design.com

It uses a the special hash tag #weather_me to pick up the tweets from twitter and then parses them into the database for display with google maps.

Its updated every 5minutes (limits of the hosts cron job system).

example tweet:
Code:
#weather_me london, cloudy, its cloudy in Englands main city

I'm pretty excited about it. I know i'm sad.

Smile

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Interesting... What made you choose to create something like this, a need, or just to learn CI and the twitter API (and you noticed a niche)?

I'll check it out again oince there's more then just a few tweets lol Smile

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
Both i wanted to prove i could do something like this, i suppose a niche as well made me think nothing like this has been done for weather. Also an excuse to brush up on my css and html skills using css sprites and some css3 stuff

It would be good for as many people to post on it every now and again just to build the numbers up and to test the system.

I've now updated to to take the #weather_me tag at any point in the tweet which has opened up a whole new area of tweets.

example tweet:
Code:
Wow looking forward Todays activities, weather looks hopeful #weather_me London, Sunny, sunny in hyde park

Thanks for taking a look though really appreciate it.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Yeah, the design is very nice as well Smile
Very web2.0'esque

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
thank you.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="bugboy" date="1242691320"]
I'm pretty excited about it. I know i'm sad.
[/quote]

Your excited and sad? Smile Don't those usually kinda contradict each other? hehe

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
Yeah they do. ha ha ha

I'm excited about it and how its working. But I'm a sad(geek) for being excited by it. lol Smile

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I'm not sure if JDF was genuinly confused by your statement, or joking :-S

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Dam1an: Its that menacing look on my avatar isn't it? The expression gives you no insight to how I truly feel or what I really mean Smile But yeah I was just messin with him.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1242758796"]Dam1an: Its that menacing look on my avatar isn't it? The expression gives you no insight to how I truly feel or what I really mean Smile But yeah I was just messin with him.[/quote]

Expression, there is no expression in your ev, its just a blank stare, no emotion, no feeling Tongue (just like mine lol)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB