Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] Routes get rid of index.php

[eluser]yannyannyann[/eluser]
Hi,

Is it possible to get rid of the index.php in the URL without using htaccess ?
I have tried several things to make htaccess work, but apparently it's not well configured on the server side.

In routes.php would it be a way to do it ??

thanks in advance

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Yes, but only if your user has an extremely short memory. This creates the illusion that index.php is not in the URL.

Hey fuzzy I re-read your answer 3 times, and I still don't get it Smile
(I'm tired...)

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Don't worry about not getting fuzzy's comment... it was meant to be a joke (apparently Tongue)

You can't get rid of index.php without using .htaccess as otherwise it will assume controller/function/param is a hierachy of folders and look for them and fail

What exactly happens when you try using htaccess... what does yours look like?

[eluser]Daniel Moore[/eluser]
Dam1an, yannyannyann has a topic on the .htaccess issue. I don't think yannyannyann has followed my advice on the .htaccess yet. I've yet to see a site follow those instructions and miss, but there's a first time for everything. Need to try before it's ruled out, though.

The other thread is located here.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
@Daniel, I saw that thread earlier, but I see those sort of threads every day, its impossible to track who posted it when lol
I keep thinking I should maybe read your super commented htaccess one day lol (never needed to yet)

Sorry guys, I thought opening a new topic about using routes to get rid of index.php would make sense.
Well,
at least now other newbies like me will clearly understand that it's not possible !! Smile

Anyway, htaccess problem was a server config problem. (apache override parameter)

Thank you guys.
I learn a lot in this forum.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB