Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using CodeIgniter to support an 'application' under an existing site

[eluser]Kenneth Allen[/eluser]
If I have an existing web site, manually developed in PHP with no actual framework, could I create an application using CodeIgniter and store it under the existing site directory structure and invoke it via a link from the existing site?

For example, I have developed a web site for my local Little League using PHP for some basic dynamic content. I want to create an application to support the management of an interlock schedule that permits team representatives to input their own game results. I have a "version 1" implementation written in PHP without the benefit of a framework, and I am preparing to rewrite that using a framework, and CodeIgniter seems to be a good option. Currently I simply add a link to an existing page that invokes a main page from a subfolder that contains the interlock application, and the code works fine.

I would like to do something similar with the new version written in CodeIgniter: install the application in a subfolder and add a link to invoke it, but from then on the interlock application works from the subfolder. I guess the most significant issue is that the base URL for the interlock could then be something like www.mymainsite.com/interlock/ and I am not certain if that can be configured easily (or at all).

Messages In This Thread
Using CodeIgniter to support an 'application' under an existing site - by El Forum - 06-08-2009, 11:26 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB