Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Eclipse PDT

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Which part of number 1 in my list did you not follow? I said put the web root back as htdocs!
Also, if you're trying to execure index.php in views, then I think you need to reread about the CI application structure and flow, as I don't think you have a basic understanding of this stuff yet (you're still thinking like old fashioned style PHP)

[eluser]sirfak[/eluser]
Hi I understood your details.
Suppose I have folder structure as

htdocs-----
--index.html
--CodeIgniter

now if i do http://localhost
It will display me the index.php in the folder. and will not go to CodeIgniter folder.
That is why I explicitly mentioned webroot to point to codeIgniter>>application>>views
I accept that I am a beginner in this case so please ignore some mistakes
Please suggest how to proceed with above case

Thanks in advance
sirfAK

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Seeing as you've changed everything, is the index.php that you're refering to the default CI front controller, or a view file which you created yourself?

I really think you need to read the user guide

[eluser]sirfak[/eluser]
Hi Dam1an,
Thanks for all your help.I re-organised my structure as per your previous suggestion and now I am able to create some sort of application.
It was a great help from your side. Keep the same attitude
Thanks. now i will be starting my webapplication with some basic step.
will surely catch u if get into trouble
Thanks
sirfAK

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
You're welcome, glad you finally got it working
Let the fun begin Smile

[eluser]piker[/eluser]
One question:
If I would like to secure my xampp installation and copy application folder up one level
c:\xampp
\application_folder
|
\ci171
|
htdocs/folder
\sub_folder_with_images_css_jscripts

How to work with eclipse workspace ?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Just create a project for the application folder, and link it to the core project (so you get code completion etc, do this in the project properties > inc path (or something similar))

There's no point linking it to the sub folder in htdocs as you won't gain anything, as AFAIK, you wouldn't get auto complete anyway)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hi, I am new to code igniter and tried to build up IDE with eclipse. Now I put the CIcore file under /xampp/htdoc, it works. But the auto completion doesn't, I do not know why ? can anybody help me ? Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB