Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
email library problem - connection limit

[eluser]Yednotek[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm trying to send out a newsletter through my provider's smtp server using the mail library, but I keep getting the following message after a certain number of mails:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 450 4.7.1 <xxxx.xxx.xxxx.nl[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]>: Client host rejected: Policy Rejection- Reached connection limit to Online, retry later

Filename: libraries/Email.php

Line Number: 1519

Where Online is my provider.

I've lowered the sending frequency to very reasonable levels but this message keeps popping up. Is it possible that the mail class doesn't close the connection to the smtp server properly? Should I close it manually? Any tips on this are highly appreciated!

by the way, when this message shows up I'm blocked from the server for a while before I can start sending again.

[eluser]R. Oerlemans[/eluser]
I think there's a limit of xxx connections I a time of xxx seconds. And you better could use your server's SMTP. Not the SMTP from your ISP.

unfortunately my hosting provider stopped offering smtp services due to abuse by spammers, so they suggested I use the smtp server of my provider.

I think you're right about the nr of connections per xx seconds. Now looking into a commercial solution. thanks

[eluser]R. Oerlemans[/eluser]
[dutch]
Open even een topic op Webhostingtalk, daar kunnen ze je er wel mee helpen denk ik
[/dutch]

I was giving a tip for a dutch forum where the offer things like that.

[dutch]
bedankt voor de tip! Wink
[/dutch]

[translation]
thanks for the advice! Wink
[/translation]

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
How many Emails are you sending at any one time, and how often? For some reason, a limit of 25 pops into my head, but I've no idea why, since this will probably vary from host to host.

PS. Love the avatar! Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB