Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
get_instance() undefined in custom librairies ? :(

[eluser]doMynation[/eluser]
Good day,

Although I've seen many people pretending to do it without any error, I just can't access the CI core base using:

Code:
$CI =& get_instance();

It says the function is undefined.

I need to load some CI ressources (helpers for example) within my library. Am I doing something wrong ?

Even the user guide says it's the way to do it: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...aries.html

Thank you !

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Where are you including the library from?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Are you using your library within the CI app? Show some code that reproduces the error. That's always a vital first step when you think you've spotted a bug.

Well I've tested two things.

First, I've tried simply modifying the Exceptions library (which is autoloaded, at least I think).

Then I extended it, and added it to autoload in autoload.php.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
To extend a CodeIgniter library you should just make a file named MY_Exceptions.php in the libraries directory (this is configurable via config.php).

Yes that's what I've done, and I still can't access the get_instance function.

Sounds like the library is loaded BEFORE the CI_BASE.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Yeah, the exceptions class is kind of the exception. You are limited to what you can do in there.

Awww I see... lol.

Well then, I'm simply trying to perform a quick redirection to the default controller when a controller or controller function is not found.

Is there an easy to achieve this ? (I'm using clean URLs)

I've read multiple post where they extend the CI_Route or CI_Extensions with a considerable amount of code.

Is there a kind of "shortcut" for this ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB