Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server

[eluser]madeks[/eluser]
TheFuzzyOne,

Thanks for you last advice.

I think this is more complex than I thought.

First I try to use the cURL to connect to the script from the file server and make the script to return the file by setting it header.

The caller script that get the result just send it to the user with the header setting.

This seems to work with small file because I realized that this way what is happen is the web server load the file and then send it to the user. It is not practical and impossible for a huge file (more than 1GB).

You last suggest have some issue with me because it is a different server and domain.
I don't think it can share the same cookie?

Anyway I'm trying this. I use the cURL to call the scirpt on the file server to authenticate and let it make the cookie for there own.

BUT... this is not working. The script on file server cannot create a cookie. May be it is created a cookie but store on the web server?

I feel like fall in to a dark hole again.
What I have right now is put a trigger like hidden iframe at some stage of the user and send the request to the file server script to authenticate and build the cookie. I quite sure this way will work but this create more problem because it affect some business logic of the website and may not work well.

What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 03:27 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 04:13 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 09:34 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 09:42 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-14-2009, 09:47 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-15-2009, 06:21 AM
[Resolved] Securely Access files from other server - by El Forum - 07-15-2009, 08:06 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB