Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP 5.3.0 Compatibility

[eluser]NachoF[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1252521378"] CI will rewrite short tags in view files for you if the server doesn't support it. [/quote]

thats not working for me at all in php 5.3

If I use short tags it shows my code.. if I use echo statement with regular php tag it works.

[eluser]Moddi[/eluser]
one.com release php 5.3 last night i got these errors now.

Undefined property: CI_Loader::$session

and

Fatal error: Call to a member function userdata() on a non-object in

visit www.dack4.se to see the errors alive.

On line 126:

Code:
<?php
        $mess = $this->session->userdata('mess');
        if(!empty($mess))
        {
        ?>

Anyone know how i can fix it?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
[quote author="NachoF" date="1266323357"][quote author="Derek Jones" date="1252521378"] CI will rewrite short tags in view files for you if the server doesn't support it. [/quote]

If I use short tags it shows my code.. if I use echo statement with regular php tag it works.[/quote]

Do you have 'rewrite_short_tags' set to TRUE in your config file? See <a href="http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/alternative_php.html">Alternative PHP Syntax for View files</a>.

[eluser]NachoF[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Jones" date="1266349780"][quote author="NachoF" date="1266323357"][quote author="Derek Jones" date="1252521378"] CI will rewrite short tags in view files for you if the server doesn't support it. [/quote]

If I use short tags it shows my code.. if I use echo statement with regular php tag it works.[/quote]

Do you have 'rewrite_short_tags' set to TRUE in your config file? See <a href="http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/alternative_php.html">Alternative PHP Syntax for View files</a>.[/quote]

But didnt you say that if the server doesnt support them CI will automatically rewrite them?

[quote author="NachoF" date="1266352559"][quote author="Derek Jones" date="1252521378"]
Do you have 'rewrite_short_tags' set to TRUE in your config file? See <a href="http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/general/alternative_php.html">Alternative PHP Syntax for View files</a>.[/quote]

But didnt you say that if the server doesnt support them CI will automatically rewrite them?[/quote]

From the link above to the user guide:

Quote:Automatic Short Tag Support

Note: If you find that the syntax described in this page does not work on your server it might be that "short tags" are disabled in your PHP ini file. CodeIgniter will optionally rewrite short tags on-the-fly, allowing you to use that syntax even if your server doesn't support it. This feature can be enabled in your config/config.php file.

[eluser]Moddi[/eluser]
did anyon even look at what i wrote? or shall i make a new topic to gain better attention?

I think a new topic would be best, with some additional context, i.e. what version of CI you're running, where that code is located, the surrounding code, etc.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB