Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google gears

[eluser]hyperfire[/eluser]
What about the integration with google gears and codeigniter?
Maybe an integration by default of core files? Any thoughts?
Cheers.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
What advantage would it have by doing this? Google gears is really for front end design improvements?

[eluser]hyperfire[/eluser]
The thing is that codeingiter core could be cached on users machine so access to libs and such would be much faster if the entire CI is 'local' using GG.
But that us just an idea.

[eluser]themattreid[/eluser]
GoogleGears would be a great addition as a library. It would definitely speed up the apps that can make use of the service.

[eluser]Negro[/eluser]
Hi,

I wanna know if someone have an extension of CodeIgniter that use Google Gears, cause i need to develop a site with gears and i have mi PHP arquithect with CodeIgniter if i could use both together it will be great.

Thanks!

[eluser]themattreid[/eluser]
I wouldn't count on this happening any time soon - google has slated gears to not be in active development pretty soon. or so I heard.

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
[quote author="themattreid" date="1271123240"]I wouldn't count on this happening any time soon - google has slated gears to not be in active development pretty soon. or so I heard.[/quote]

Google has already stopped development of Gears in favor of HTML5: http://gearsblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello-html5.html

[eluser]Negro[/eluser]
Hi, thanks for your reply.

That´s true Google will stop improving google Gears because of HTML 5, but HTML 5 is not yet installed in the market (or in my country Argentina is not installed yet) so maybe someone develop libraries that makes posible to work in an easy way with CodeIgniter and Gears... I hope some one do that if not i will have to develop myself, jajaja.

Thanks again!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB