Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Bizarre problem with Google Chrome and force_download()

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hello everyone.

I'm having trouble using force_download() (in the download helper) with Google Chrome. I set up a file download for a .exe file, which works great in Firefox and IE, but Chrome is adamant that the extension is .download not .exe. Chrome uses the .download extension for partially downloaded file; I know, but it's not renaming in it in this case, since it thinks the file extension is .download. Has anyone else experience this problem before? Could someone verify it for me please?

Many thanks.

EDIT: I should also point out that if I change the file extension to anything other than .exe, the file downloads with that extension. It's only .exe extensions that are messing about. I've also tried upgrading to the latest beta, and still no joy...

[eluser]agustinfl[/eluser]
Hey, I've got the same problem here...
Did you find any solutions already?

This solved it for me!
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/71192/#414975

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Thanks for that, although I'm totally lost. Where is force_download2() defined? I see the improve force_download() function, but then people start referencing force_download2(). I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, so I apologise in advance.

I suppose people renamed Wilker's function from "force_download" to "force_download2"... at least that's what I did (to avoid any possible collisions with the original one..)
cheers!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB