Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie Needs Help - Please

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
I fear not being able to get the .htaccess going. Your hoster adds the index.php to the URL, very bizarre. I give it another try, using an index.html to see whether he adds that file name, too.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
I've tried using an index.html file. The server does not add the file name to the URL. So I reestablished the index.php and tried with another browser , same thing, the hoster adds the file name index.php to the url (http://mathkings.com/ => http://mathkings.com/index.php).

So right now You need to use index.php and the ? sign to get the URL's working.

[eluser]Svante Hansson[/eluser]
I'm surprised to see how helpful and honest people is in the community. On a regular board I'm sure that someone would've tried removing the files and tried all kinds of mischief.

Glad it worked out aswell!

Kind regards,
Svante Hansson

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Try this for your .htaccess:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

I have just taken the normal .htaccess I use for BASIC installs and jammed a ? in before the /. That should work fine.

[eluser]daniel_ferry[/eluser]
@tomcode: thanks again for your efforts. At least I can use CI now.

@phil Sturgeon: I tried your .htaccess file and as tomcode discovered, this does not seem to work on my host. It gives me the 404 every time, no matter what controller I'm trying.

I hope there is some way to get this working without having to provide the index.php and the ? sign for all the URLs!

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="daniel_ferry" date="1250112441"]@tomcode: thanks again for your efforts. At least I can use CI now.

@phil Sturgeon: I tried your .htaccess file and as tomcode discovered, this does not seem to work on my host. It gives me the 404 every time, no matter what controller I'm trying.

I hope there is some way to get this working without having to provide the index.php and the ? sign for all the URLs![/quote]

How about...

Quote:RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?/$1 [L]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB