Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do email uploads work?

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Flickr allows you to email your pictures to your account using a special emailaddress. You can use the subject as the title and body as caption. But how does this work? Do you need something special on the server end?

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
hi codex,

check my sig for the imap_pop class. it's on the CI wiki. it should help.

cheers.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="sophistry" date="1250731317"]hi codex,

check my sig for the imap_pop class. it's on the CI wiki. it should help.

cheers.[/quote]

Thanks! I'll try to get my head around it.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Hi Sophistry,

I've been testing your class and it works great, thanks. I'm a bit puzzled though. There's 3 emails in the dir, but only 1, the first, is shown. Also, the attachment is not visible in the array. I'm using your example code. Is there something I should be adding?

hi codex,

thanks for the feedback. please visit the wiki thread for the imap_pop class. i think that's a better place to figure this out!

also, when you do go there, post code, etc... esp. whether you use IMAP or POP email account.

cheers.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="sophistry" date="1252347617"]hi codex,

thanks for the feedback. please visit the wiki thread for the imap_pop class. i think that's a better place to figure this out!

also, when you do go there, post code, etc... esp. whether you use IMAP or POP email account.

cheers.[/quote]

Hey, I was just about to reply this thread that I have figured it out. Kinda.

The script is working, and attachments are being saved to a fingerprinted dir. I'm just wondering how you can set your own dir. Anyways, I'll check out the wiki!

posted moblog code demo on the wiki thread.

cheers.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Thanks!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB