Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
what to use for a user rank based web application?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="skunkbad" date="1251700486"][quote author="parachuter2b" date="1251687516"]

I think the problem you will face will be that there is no easy solution. If you had known a programming language, or if you were familiar with how to use joomla or drupal, then you probably would have just started in on the development. Since you don't have the knowledge to get started, you will have some learning to do, and it wouldn't matter what direction you decided to go. I don't think you're going to find a solution that just jumps into your lap.

While not really related to your post, this reminds me of the "dreamers" that I talk to all the time. They want a website that is going to be the next ebay, but they think I'm going t build it for them for $100.00. People don't realize that there is work to programming and making websites. If they want a cheap solution, they are going to get what they pay for. In your case, and in most cases, the time spent making the site will be proportional to it's real value.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, but when did I say that I don't know how to code or don't have the programming skills?
I'm in fact working as a programmer and have experience with web development as well (mainly struts)...just haven't worked with CMSs and PHP before. one reason I picked this project was to learn about those tools.
Just wanted to get you guys' input on the problem, so I'd make a smart decision. In other words, not spend a lot of time writing these features in PHP for instance from scratch only to find out those functionalities were readily available in a drupal plugin!

Messages In This Thread
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 08-30-2009, 07:34 PM
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 08-30-2009, 08:12 PM
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
what to use for a user rank based web application? - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 08:13 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB