Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can an controller extend an other?

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="kbkb" date="1251823667"]
( I think thats in the constructor from MY_Controller? right?
[/quote]

Yes - though I have a couple of private functions within MY_Controller, most of the good stuff happens in the constructor of course.

Quote:And in the end you parse the whole $this->data (which is filled from MY_ AND the real specified controller).

I pass the $this->data construct across to my view(s), yes. I'm sure I mentioned that in that wiki page.

Quote:I think about filling in content which is generated from an own view Smile

You mean as opposed to generating from my own view? The trick will be to put your own view in there instead.

Quote:But the hottest question: I cant extend an other controller! I get an error that the Class "MY_controller" is not found. Where have i put the controller to extend from?

I'm really surprised that you didn't find the answer to this when you followed the link in my wiki page where I first mention MY_Controller, or again when you used the [url="http://www.google.com/search?as_sitesearch=ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/&q=my_controller&sa=Go"]CI User Guide's search feature and looked for MY_Controller[/url].

Messages In This Thread
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 05:03 AM
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 05:47 AM
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Can an controller extend an other? - by El Forum - 09-01-2009, 07:22 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB