Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
sub-categories and sub-subcategories on a associative array with CI

[eluser]MEM[/eluser]
Ok. To clear some things out, I'm using recursion (I believe) Big Grin

id_cat
name_cat
description_cat
parent_id_cat

The intended result is, more then a menu, some kind of filter navigation.
And I will have no more then 3 levels. I mean, one level on 1 menu, and two levels on
another menu. The first menu only for categories, the second only for subcategories and sub-subcategories.

Here is some sort of squeme on the navigation sequence:

If the user clicks on category1 it will show like this:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
category1 category2 category3
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------
subcategory1 { product list of all subcategories and
subcategory2 sub-subcategories belonging to category1 }
subcategory3
--------------------

If the user clicks on subcategory 1, and that subcategorie has sub-subcategories:

--------------------
subcategory1 sub-subcategory1 {product list of all sub-subcategorias
subcategory2 sub-subcategory2 belonging to subcategory1}
subcategory3
--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the user clicks on subcategory 1, and that subcategory doesn’t have any sub-subcategories:

--------------------
subcategory1 {product list of subcategory1}
subcategory2
subcategory3
--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, if the user clicks on one sub-subcategory, then:

--------------------
subcategory1 sub-subcategory1 {product list of
subcategory2 sub-subcategory2 sub-subcategory1}
subcategory3
--------------------

What do you advice according to this structure?

Thanks a lot,
Márcio

Messages In This Thread
sub-categories and sub-subcategories on a associative array with CI - by El Forum - 09-04-2009, 09:02 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB