Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
sub-categories and sub-subcategories on a associative array with CI

[eluser]markup2go[/eluser]
Yes, I mean unlimited levels of subcategories.

I don't need to do any back tracking up the hierarchy to find a products parents etc.

Products are completely flat.

I'm more concerned about being able to create a properly formatted multidimensional array of categories and children for passing to form_dropdown(). I think once I understand how it would properly be done I can manage to create other datasets for menu systems etc, on my own.

Thanks for the help.

[quote author="jedd" date="1252620441"]Hey markup2go,

When you say:
Quote:I'm building a small online shop that requires unlimited subcategories as well as a many-to-many relationship between categories and products.

Do you mean that there are unlimited levels of sub-categories - such as children, grand children, great-grand children, and so on forever? Or just that you can have lots of subcategories?

The fact that categories:products is n:m might make this slightly more confusing, if you want to be able to track back up the multiple parents(?).

Am I right in assuming that Products are completely flat here - there's no hierarchy at all for them?[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
sub-categories and sub-subcategories on a associative array with CI - by El Forum - 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB