Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Show message rather than load a view

[eluser]kurucu[/eluser]
That's not directly a feature of the framework, so you'd have to use the framework to develop something to do this yourself. However, initial thoughts are that you look at Flash Data (in the Session library), Ajax, using a view (I know you said without doing this, but I suspect this is the answer!)

Really you need to provide more information though. When does this message get displayed? Has the user click a link, or has an error been generated in the controller... or?

I have extended the Controller class and have a function "message", this takes several parameters: title, message, type, destination. It actually then loads a message view, inserts the relevant data, has an OK button linked to the destination and is styled and makes logs according to type. After calling it I generally call return. For me, although this means I don't have swish little confirmation boxes, it means I can quickly and simply generate errors (auth and code), notices and confirmations from any controller with predictable results. I intend later to provide another function standard_message which, based upon the standard identifier passed to it, pulls in a message from the DB and generates that. But that's another story.

Messages In This Thread
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:18 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Show message rather than load a view - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:31 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB