Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem displaying views after Apache upgrade

[eluser]Simon Phoenix[/eluser]
I've recently upgraded my version of Apache and my CI projects are now not working as they were previously on my localhost.

The projects are not generating error messages as such, but the views are not loading properly. For example, where I call a view from within a view, code similar to the following is being generated and the view is not being displayed:

Code:
load->view('sidebar');?>

I'm sure this has a simple explaination but I've been racking my brain and cannot find the solution. If anyone has the answer to this problem I'll be very grateful.

Regards

[eluser]davidbehler[/eluser]
Check your config for this:
Code:
php_value engine off
and turn it back on.

My guess it that your config was lost during the update process!? But can't tell for sure.

Thanks for your reply. Which config file would I need to look at to find that setting?

In one of the apache/conf/*.conf files...can't tell you which exactly.

Thanks for your help but I've found out where the problems lies now. For some reason it no longer seems to like the <? or <?= opening tags and seems to require the full <?php tag. Anyone know if there's an option to change this?

Look for short_open_tag in your config files or php.ini

Thanks waldmeister, it all work perfectly now. It was the short_open_tag in the php.ini file that I needed to change. I suppose on my previous installation it was set to On by default. Didn't think it would be anything to do with CI since it worked OK before. Thanks again, would have taken me much longer to find without your help.

Best regards

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB