Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[solved]htaccess folder controller help

[eluser]quasiperfect[/eluser]
hi

i need some help related to htaccess

let's say we have the controller myname and we have the folder myname
is there any method i can use to send some of the request to the controller instead of the folder ?

in my htaccess i have only

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /mycisite/
RewriteRule ^(application|system) - [F,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]

[eluser]John Pantoja[/eluser]
I would suggest a peak at http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...uting.html

Before you go any further.

hmm maybe i wasn't clear.
i know if i define a route i can get codeigniter to direct a request to the controller function i want but if the folder / file exists will not work.
my question was how can i rewrite the request from htaccess
on the server the folder myfolder exists (so the route will not work)

I thought there was a link for htaccess in that wiki article, the answer you seek have to deal with the RewriteCond , perhaps a google of the flags will enlighten you... or check the CI Wiki for htaccess or the place you got yours from. You'll smack yourself for this one.

Eric Protip 23

[eluser]bretticus[/eluser]
My bet is putting a condition AFTER
Code:

Since that basically tells rewrite to override your routing for a real directory (as you already know.)

I think making it a part of conditions involves back references (rewrite voodoo that I've never practiced.)

You might just try making an explicit rule too.

Yup, it's the area, I'm trying to see if he'll put a bit of effort in Google'n mod_rewrite.
I'd probably put the condition he needs first if it's going to be a common thing, but it's only going to backfire in the end, needs to rename stuff to make life easier.

I think CI's doc on htaccess even states exactly why he's having the problem he's having(which is no problem as mod_rewrite is doing exactly as it's told).

There's no voodoo in mod_rewrite if you know your flags and some basics (maybe some Scientology though Tongue)

thanks for the help
i got it to work
added the rule
Code:
RewriteRule ^myfolder/(regex here)$ where to redirect [L]

Outstanding! I hope I wasn't coming off as a roster or anything like that. I bet it all clicked once you knew what the flags meant huh? If at all possible, try to avoid naming collisions like that as mod_rewrite does what it's told (and what order).

A simple way of doing it would be:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule (.*) $1 [L]

If I'm not mistaken (or it will cause a 500 error). I want to say there is a flag (in the [] area) or maybe somewhere else that will tell mod_rewrite not to rewrite it but I can't think of it at the moment.

@john
nah. the best way is to learn how to deal with a problem in general.
it was something good to read for the future
form what i understand after reading the flags documentation i think the rule i used is the best
my htaccess looks now like this
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /mycisite/
RewriteRule ^myfolder/(regex here)$ where to redirect [L]
RewriteRule ^(application|system) - [F,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule .* index.php/$0 [PT,L]

so for the myfolder case it runs until the myfolder rule and it exits there because of the [L] flag

unless i'm missing something

Nah there's more than one way of doing it. It's just a matter preference, I myself don't use RewriteCond often.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB