Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why is session name different than what I set

[eluser]bmx322[/eluser]
I'm having a problem with Firefox creating a new BLANK cookie. I look at the cookie and it says the name is PHPSESSIONID....which I think is the default session name for regular PHP cookie handling.

I have the cookie name set in the system/libraries/Session.php file to ci_session, but when I read it in Firefox the name is as I stated above.

The problem occurs when I try to update my user profile (a test profile). CI keeps regenerating a new, what seems like an obviously blank, cookie because I get a PHP error that "userID" is undefined. And the login section appears as if I was not logged in and the menu is what I would expect if I wasn't logged in.

The weird thing is when I click the "Home" button the login section appears as though I am logged in and the correct menu with "logout" appears.

I've tested this in IE 7 and 8 and have no issue with it.

I have the default cookie settings. I tried changing them but it didn't fix anything.
I played with different sess_cookie TRUE/FALSE values but that didn't change anything.

FF is set to accept cookies, no restrictions.

I've read the Session.php file and it seems to follow the logical order.

Where is the call in CI that asks to reset the cookie? I have the sess_expiration = 0 and left the sess_time_to_update = 300.

I've been trying to figure this out for over 10 hours now...and nothing seems out of place. I've read through any post that had any reference to FF or cookies...and I didn't not find this problem...I found the reverse where IE acts up, but not FF.

I'm am trying to fix this site, I didn't create it but I am very capable of reading and following class based code.

The functions that run when a user updates their info has no call to any set/reset cookie function.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Darren

Messages In This Thread
Why is session name different than what I set - by El Forum - 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Why is session name different than what I set - by El Forum - 02-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Why is session name different than what I set - by El Forum - 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Why is session name different than what I set - by El Forum - 02-02-2010, 07:00 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB