Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Excel reader not playing nice with Godaddy

[eluser]frist44[/eluser]
I have a form that uploads an excel document to the file system and then an excel reader (http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Excel_Reader_Class/) reads the first cell and checks for a value. Based on the value returns and output.

In order to return the output, I'm using session flash data and redirecting to another url, which will then display that message.

Everything works fine on my WAMP installation locally. When I uploaded it to Godaddy, i get the following:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/d/a/t/databanks/html/system/application/libraries/Excel_reader.php:614)

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 541

On the other pages, if I don't load the excel reader, it works fine. Line 541 on the url_helper is the actual redirect function. First, I'm wondering why the excel reader would have anything to do with the browser headers because it's reading binary from a local filesystem.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks!

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
Something is being output to the browser before a call to the header() function... Most likely a blank line at the end of a php file, remove closing php tags at the end of your files or ensure there is no whitespace after them.

[eluser]frist44[/eluser]
that's what it was. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB