Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What will it take to get a job in web application development?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi All,

I am currently a pretty solid front end website developer. I am strong in CSS, XHTML, and using Javascript and have written some small scripts of my own.

I understand programming and have played with both PHP and ASP.NET 2.0. I understand most of the fundamentals of programming... control structures, OOP (Classes, Objects are an instance of a Class). I have understand relational databases and how they function including how multi dimension databases work.

I can go into most code and tweak it to change basic pieces of it.

What I don't have is specific web application experience. I want to take the ASP.NET application route instead of alternative technologies like PHP.

What do you recommend I add to my skill set so that I can successfully enter this field in a corporate position. Should I develop 1-3 websites using the technology? Should I go get a second bachelors degree in computer science? I am looking for the quickest way to get in the door.

Thanks!

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
[quote author="Alison Clarke" date="1265734273"]I want to take the ASP.NET application route instead of alternative technologies like PHP.[/quote]
Why are you asking for advice on a PHP framework forum if you are planning on going the .NET route?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB