Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
"Include" a CodeIgniter app into a regular site

[eluser]hotmeteor[/eluser]
I'm wondering if it's possible to create a small, portable CodeIgniter app - such as a REST client - and have it be "included" into a normal PHP site for use, to make calls to and such. Hope that's clear. It's probably something fairly straightforward, but just wondered if anyone has attempted that yet.

Thanks!

[eluser]Udi[/eluser]
No problem.. Just create the app and upload it to a server and code your site to work with it.

The problem is is that I didn't code the other site. I'm trying to retro-fit the site to work with the CodeIgniter app.

Any thoughts?

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Just install it to a subfolder of the site and thats it. CI will only work from that folder and the rest of the site works like before.

So then how would I reference controllers in the CI app from the regular site?

Sorry, tell me if I'm totally missing something here...

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
There was great tutorial "Working with RESTful Services in CodeIgniter" by Philip Sturgeon on nettuts. Check that out.

Sorry I hastly read your first post and possibly misunderstood. I thought you were wondering if it is possible for CI to live side-by-side with your other site.

That's an awesome tutorial. Unfortunately it doesn't cover what I'm asking.

I know CodeIgniter can live side-by-side, I was just hoping there was a way they could communicate with each other.

Thanks anyway!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB