Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New To PHP and Code Igniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi folks,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I have just downloaded CodeIgniter and placed it in my root WAMP directory on my Laptop.
I looked at one of the Tutorial Videos and noticed the programmer was using an editor within CodeIgniter. How do I get this baby up and running so I can get started?
I just want to create a nice Registration and Login script to get me started but would love to be able to use the editor the guy was using.

Can anyone give me a plain English instruction on how to get started?

Thanks in advance.

[eluser]maria clara[/eluser]
[quote author="VicHost" date="1266507767"]Hi folks,

I have just downloaded CodeIgniter and placed it in my root WAMP directory on my Laptop.
I looked at one of the Tutorial Videos and noticed the programmer was using an editor within CodeIgniter. How do I get this baby up and running so I can get started?
I just want to create a nice Registration and Login script to get me started but would love to be able to use the editor the guy was using.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

you can check out some articles for tutorials. first you need your editor(Aptana, Notepad++, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Netbeans,etc) any you prefer to work with.

look at this site:

http://www.phpandstuff.com/articles/code...-and-setup

hope this can help you.

regards,
kahtrina :-)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="maria clara" date="1266509091"][quote author="VicHost" date="1266507767"]Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

you can check out some articles for tutorials. first you need your editor(Aptana, Notepad++, Dreamweaver, Eclipse, Netbeans,etc) any you prefer to work with.

look at this site:

http://www.phpandstuff.com/articles/code...-and-setup

hope this can help you.

regards,
kahtrina :-)[/quote]

Thank you very much.
That is a great starting point.
Let's see how it goes.

[eluser]cahva[/eluser]
Hmm.. If you're new to PHP and CI, I would not recommend that article just yet. First learn to use CI on its own and after that you can start to learn extending CI usage with 3rd party classes. I recommend reading tutorials from Nettuts+. Theres some good articles learning CI from scratch like:
http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/php/co...er-basics/

..and
CodeIgniter From Scratch: Day 1
CodeIgniter From Scratch: Day 2

etc.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB