Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie Question: Problem Loading tank_auth Library

[eluser]gstoa[/eluser]
Hi I am new to both CI and TankAuth and have read just about every thread on the TankAuth topic here. I have successfully installed CI and followed the instructions to load the TankAuth files to the appropriate CI Application directories, edited the appropriate config files and ran the sql script to create the new user tables. I am 99.9999% sure I've configured everything correctly, however, attempting to access the welcome.php controller and subsequent view simply returns a blank screen.

It appears that the tank_auth library is not loading correctly in the welcome.php controller because I am not able to step into this if statement (even though I am not logged in):

if (!$this->tank_auth->is_logged_in()) {

I have also attempted to autoload the tank_auth library in the autoload.php file:

$autoload['libraries'] = array('database', 'form_validation', 'tank_auth');

Any suggestions are appreciated. Are there any known problems with using CI/TankAuth with PHP 4?

[eluser]loosetops[/eluser]
I successfully integrated tank_auth into my project a few days ago. But then it was PHP 5. Make sure you made the changes as suggested on the wiki page.

You should also have changed the table names to add the DB prefix before executing the SQL.

Just making sure you have covered all your bases.

[eluser]gstoa[/eluser]
Hmmm...I didn't see any instructions to change the name of the DB prefix from http://www.konyukhov.com/soft/tank_auth/. Are these the correct instructions?

[eluser]loosetops[/eluser]
Sorry the wiki page doesn't mention any changes, that was for another library. However, the sql code doesn't contain the DB table prefix you may have set for your CI installation. If you set any then you should edit the sql, if you didn't there is nothing to change.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB