Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dude whit robots.txt file

[eluser]tnathos[/eluser]
hi i have the next dudes..

1. in where place i need put the file robots.txt, in the root site, in the app folder, int eh system folder?

2. i need restrict the acceso to the robots.. to the 2 controllers.. so if when i use in a site no ci.
disallow: /folder1 for restric the index to the files in folder1.. i can use the same for controller?
disallow: /controller ?

3. For allow index to my site this file its fine?

User-Agent:*
disallow: /controller_in

thanks Smile

[eluser]jáquer[/eluser]
I think you mean "question", instead of "dude" (maybe from Spanish/Portuguese "duda"?). I understood though, so no problem..

The robots.txt file goes in the site root, but it only instructs web crawlers ("robots") to stay out of those areas, it doesn't do actually prevent them, or humans, from accessing those files, which is what I think you're trying to accomplish.

The easiest way to prevent actual access to the controllers is to move the whole application out of the web-accessible directoty and just keep the index.php file there. This is covered in the User Guide, under Managing Apps.

I speak Spanish, so if you need help in that language I can translate.

Hablo Español, así que si necesitas ayuda en ese lenguaje yo te puedo traducir.

[eluser]tnathos[/eluser]
hola yo tambien, gracias.. si es correcto lo que no quiero es que los robots me indexen el acceso a dos controladores entonces como lo puedo hacer? como indique arriba si funciona bien?

[eluser]jáquer[/eluser]
Se me haria muy raro si un robot accesara los controladores directamente porque solo siguen enlaces que encuentren en otras paginas. Pero si quieres asegurarte entonces si, pon el robots.txt en el root y con la sintax que pusiste arriba.

I'm going to translate both your question and my answer to benefit the rest of the English-speaking members:

Q: That's correct, I don't want robots to index my controllers, how can I accomplish this? Does the way I indicated above work?
A: It would be very strange for a robot to access the controllers directly since they only follow links they find in other pages. But if you want to make sure they stay out, then yes, place the robots.txt on the web root and use the syntax you wrote above.

[eluser]tnathos[/eluser]
Oki gracias

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB