Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rating or Voting without registration

Hi everyone! First fo all,sorry my bad english.

So question is

I need to implement Voting(or View counter) system. I 'm using Codeigniter in my project.

And now i thinking of using best if it possible approaches to do that with session or cookie. do vote can every visitor (i.e. without

authorization).

Options:

1)Create unique cookie for every page with rating for, set unique name based on voting entity(post, article, so on) or same name

but prefix when i set cookie will be match uri of that entity, follow this i create many cookies per entity

2)Save information about user voting in session data in DB session table like set_userdata('rating',... mb array of voting object or similar), but i am worry about next, except all user who can voting i have users which can auth on a site. And if they do vote and then click logout, they lost all voting data and when login again they can vote next time

Naturally, i can't get unique rating with users who not auth on site system, but what is the neat to do this future.
So what you guys advice to me? How about best practice to solve this issue? I need just advices, plz help

Thanks for future answers

Messages In This Thread
Rating or Voting without registration - by scion - 11-18-2014, 10:52 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB