Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best Way to Integrate Codeignitor with Wordpress

[eluser]c2n[/eluser]
I am looking for a current approach that works with the latest versions of CI and Wordpress (2.9.2)

I was able to install it as a sub folder. But I want to get access to the wordpress functions in any one of my views.

I have placed in the CI index.php a require for wp-load, and it doesn't work if after the last require of CI, if put before it doesn't see the data in WP, if after, the functions are undefined.

What's the proper way to do this?
Can it be done at all?

I want the core of wordpress without the skinning. With the WP-ADMIN to manage posts.

[eluser]nelson.wells[/eluser]
Could you just pull from the WP database? That's how I do my site. Look at the first page (the link in my sig)... those recent blog posts are pulled from the regular WP database tables...

[eluser]richzilla[/eluser]
[quote author="nelson.wells" date="1270806384"]
Could you just pull from the WP database? That’s how I do my site. Look at the first page (the link in my sig)... those recent blog posts are pulled from the regular WP database tables…
[/quote]

Second this approach. The db tables are fairly easy to get your head around, and using wp-admin saves loads of time making an admin interface.

[eluser]SomeFunkyDude[/eluser]
To take it a step further, you might want to check out Wordpress's XML-RPC API and how it could work with CodeIgniter's XMLRPC class

http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...mlrpc.html

http://codex.wordpress.org/XML-RPC_Support

[eluser]c2n[/eluser]
Not a bad idea at all, I simply wanted the power of all the plug-ins and admin functions to add a editoral part of a larger site. I created a 2nd database for wp, and I am not the guy who manages databases for this, so I am not sure how to get 2 db's into ci.

I was following posts that had you load parts of word-press into CI index.php to get all the functions. But it seemed even that the data was not there. Even though people say it works.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB