Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extending Input library get_instance() problem

[eluser]LoRdCoStE[/eluser]
Hi, I want to extend the input library, so I make MY_Input.php under application/library

In this class I need to use session, and I want my library to be compatible with both standard session and database session.

So I need to use $ci->session but I can't get it work because I think that the function get_instance is not already there when my class is initialized so:

Code:
var ci;

$ci =& get_instance()

$ci->session

is not working.

How can I do that?

I need access to session (both normal and db) so no $_SESSION.

If this is absolutely impossible there are problem if I use just one session var (directly) $_SESSION['my_var'] also if database session are enable?
I mean does ci unset that var or just don't call session_start()?

Thanks for your help.

up

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Depends where you are putting that code within the Input library. The Input library is called very early on in the instance (before CI_Base is called and get_instance() is defined) so it will fatal error if you call in in the constructor, or any method called by the instrustor (or early CI).

Pastie up some more code.

Thanks for you answer.

What I'm trying to do is an automatic CSRF library.

Here some example code (that don't work):

Code:
<?php

class MY_Input extends CI_Input
{
    function __construct()
    {                
        $this->_verify_token();

parent::CI_Input();
    }

private function _verify_token()
    {
        if(!empty($_POST))
        {
            $ci =& get_instance();

if(!isset($_POST['csrf_token']) || empty($_POST['csrf_token']) || $this->ci->session->userdata('csrf_token') != $_POST['csrf_token'])
            {
                show_error('Il token CSRF non può essere verificato.');
            }
        }
    }
}

Right now I have solved using $_SESSION, but I would like to find a difference soulutions, maybe extending one of the input library method wher get_instance() is available.

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
It might be easier to just extend the Form_Validation library then the Input library if you want 'standard' csrf protection. Take a look here

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB