Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class?

[eluser]Narkboy[/eluser]
Mddd is right actually - the actual IPs of shared hosting sites are frequently black listed. I tend to make use of the hosting companys mail servers, which are generally kept off these lists. Not all hosts will let you, and almost all have pretty serious anti-spam protection to stop them being used as spam relays. My host is nice!

If you want to check your servers IP try here: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx (no affiliation - just useful!!)

Also - I wouldn't agree that it's impossible to remove IPs from the blacklists. There are a relatively small number of big lists used by a lot of companies. A little time on Google and you'll find them and also find their removal policies. Companies who run these lists make profits and do so by the accuracy of their lists. Marking or blocknig email that is not spam is bad for business - they'll take IPs off the list safe in the knowledge that if you are spamming, you'll end up right back on it. Your ISP / host provider won't do this for you though, unless you're hosted with me! Big Grin I can take some time, but if you don't have the option to move hosts (or even servers within a host) then get to.

GL!

Messages In This Thread
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 01:56 AM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 02:06 AM
Avoiding Spam Filters when using the Email Class? - by El Forum - 04-28-2010, 04:05 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB