Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MIME type problems

[eluser]wakey[/eluser]
Hi,

I have had a search through the forums but can't really find anything about this mime type - I would like users of my app to be able to upload standard MS office documents - doc, xls, ppt etc.

When uploading Excel xls files from my computer for a test, each one uploaded with the MIME type "application/x-msdownload". This is for simple files I have included as a test and for ones I have been emailed previously.

I have read that some exe files can be uploaded using this MIME type, does anyone know how I can get around this issue and allow xls files to be uploaded?

Cheers.

[eluser]hk_yuhe[/eluser]
I met the same problem.I wonder where I can get access to the settings of MIME type...

[eluser]vitoco[/eluser]
[quote author="hk_yuhe" date="1275895655"]I met the same problem.I wonder where I can get access to the settings of MIME type...[/quote]

do you mean ... the mimes.php file ??
Code:
/application/config/mimes.php

Saludos

[eluser]hk_yuhe[/eluser]
yeah,I've done that.but another problem:what's the mime type of *.7z?

[eluser]solidrockit[/eluser]
[quote author="hk_yuhe" date="1275927844"]yeah,I've done that.but another problem:what's the mime type of *.7z?[/quote]

'7z' => 'application/x-7z-compressed',

[eluser]hk_yuhe[/eluser]
[quote author="solidrockit" date="1276786828"][quote author="hk_yuhe" date="1275927844"]yeah,I've done that.but another problem:what's the mime type of *.7z?[/quote]

'7z' => 'application/x-7z-compressed',[/quote]
It works!Thank you very much!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB