Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Print pagination help

[eluser]georgeedwards[/eluser]
[quote author="dmorin" date="1273178126"]I really don't know if you can set header/footer text when printing from a browser. It would seem like generating PDFs instead of just html would give you much more flexibility to do what you're looking to do. are PDFs a viable option?

One other option would be to see if you can just configure the browser to print the page X or Y since it's the one generally responsible for header/footer text.[/quote]

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

PDFs are an option, but as I have the system pretty much finished now, and everything is working ok, I don't really want to back track and rewrite all the views etc for a library like FPDF... especially when just looking at the docs for the common PDF libs scare me... it's like learning a whole new language. It looks so complicated to do something so simple!

And regarding browser page numbers, yes it would be a viable option, except that I am printing a batch of sheets from one view, so I would need to "restart numbering" as such for each group. Otherwise I would get a total Page X of Y for the entire set, whereas I want to have individual numbering for each set.

Thanks for your help though Smile

Messages In This Thread
Print pagination help - by El Forum - 05-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Print pagination help - by El Forum - 05-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Print pagination help - by El Forum - 05-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB