Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Timthumb adaption as controller

[eluser]packetfox[/eluser]
Hello all,

i am working on implementing timthumb as a library or controller to use in my application. Why not use the original timthumb.php? A few reasons, for example because i store images outside of my Document Root, and they are only available to people that have logged in.

Here is what i did so far, it will make people cringe i bet, but it works; it can be called like www.domain.com/timthumb/index/800x600.jpg/300/300/1/100/0/1, which will resize the image 800x600.jpg stored in a certain folder to 300x300 px at 100 Quality, and sharpen it.

Its full of errors and there is much to be improved (cant yet pass a path to an image etc), so ill post this here as a start, hopefully someone else will enhance it or even take timthumb and implement it as a library and share it back.

Ill also keep sharing the improvements to my controller here as i make them;

rgds

[eluser]Daniel H[/eluser]
I think timthumb is extraordinary and I'm pretty excited to see a CI port - have you updated this since this last post mate? I.e. what are the errors?

[eluser]zarpio[/eluser]
Please let me know how to use this Timthumb(controller)? I need tutorial. Thanks

[eluser]Goran Petrovic[/eluser]
TimThumb is cool , working ... if you have new version let me know. Thanks

[eluser]Bui Duc Long[/eluser]
sorry I have to bump this thread Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB